Well, we've had a pre-game itinerary shift. Instead of heading to Georgia to visit my parents at the beginning of the trip, we'll start by being with DH's family for a loved one's funeral. Thankfully I had been paying attention to things like cancellation windows and routing options, so we were able to make an easy shift to go north, then east to get to Virginia Beach instead of going east and then north.
And because we'll be re-routing, we're adding a few things we had talked about doing on a different trip - including spending a day in Asheville, North Carolina, and visiting the Biltmore Estate! DH visited there many years ago, but I've never been. On the way to Asheville, we'll be passing through Knoxville, Tennessee. Our niece saw a post on a Facebook Group about a gluten-free foodery called Disco Chicken and Donuts that was highly recommended, so she'd told me about it several weeks ago. Our original itinerary was going to bring us nearby Knoxville at the end of the trip but not at a time of day that would coincide with mealtime - but our new itinerary will put us there in time for a late lunch!
And this just goes to show that even though I have much of the itinerary planned out, I'm not so rigid about our plans that we can't adapt or be spontaneous. I just like to know where I can rest my head each night.
We've started packing - so it won't be long before we have updates from the road - we hope you'll join us along the way!
~ Cindy D.
No comments:
Post a Comment